Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 2



After a long night with short sleep, we were all a bit reluctant to get up in the morning. However, a lot of exciting activities await before the morning wake-ups, so the feeling and energy turned up a notch. Climbing up the trees towards the ‘Multivine’ ropes, I wasn’t too worried. I’ll maybe make it up to the top of the tree, or possibly the first vine? But no, after much reluctance the second rope was my finishing point. Could do with improvements! Then came the waiting; waiting to finish morning tea, waiting in line for our next activity, waiting, waiting, waiting…We’ve had a great time waiting at camp so far. Then after photography, more waiting. But maybe this was worth it, I thought, standing around in the infamous Confidence Course, in the complete outfit; soaked, muddy t-shirt, shorts, socks and shoes. Definitely looking forward to a warm shower. That was one of the best showers I’ve ever had. Ever had, I said. Well refreshed after showering and afternoon tea. The activity group I was in headed off to our fourth and last activity of the day, Archery. This was actually a pretty educational thing to do, with me never even having handled a bow and arrow before. As you may have guessed, my scoring was definitely not the best. Nought the whole way round. But it was very enjoyable and was a great finish to the day. Well, before a bit more waiting.
So far camp has been great for me and everyone else around.

By Rachel.







I woke up and stretched lazily. Where am I? Oh yeah, Camp Adair. Lying in my top bunk,
I could see that almost everyone was awake. “Happy Birthday Abby,” I said suddenly remembering that it was her 11th birthday. She beamed at me. Soon we were all up and dressed. I fumbled in my bag for my comb and brush to do my hair. Suddenly, we all heard an ear-piercing shrill (the whistle). We all scrambled out of our cabins and lined up in our groups 1-11. After breakfast consisting of bowl of rice bubbles and a piece of jam-spread toast, we had five minutes to get ready for our upcoming challenging day. Another ear-piercing shrill was heard and we lined up again. “Group two will be doing Archery,” Mr Robyns said to us. He listed the next groups and I sort of stopped listening. “Group 11 will be flying like birds today on the Flying Kiwi,” Mr Robyns got my attention again. We got lead off by a lady whose name was Rene. She introduced the activity to us and after a few people it was my turn. She harnessed me up and told me to run around in a circle. I did slowly and suddenly everyone started pulling me up. After everyone had had one go, we went back. We had a good morning tea and lined up again. Mr Robyns started telling us what our activities would be again. This time we had Bushcraft. It was really interesting. We learnt about what we need to survive in the bush. All too soon, we had to go back. Our next activity was the Rambo Bridge. When it came to my turn, I sped along the log. I did it another time but blind folded. It was freaky and I kept thinking I was going to fall. The last activity of the day for me was Orienteering. Kelsi and I zoomed round the clues and finished up with 37 minutes, just 2 minutes ahead of the boys. We were so pleased. Camp is definitely an unforgettable experience.

By Brooklyn



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like everyone is having a great time so far. Mrs Cronin emailed us the link to the blog. I have really enjoyed reading what you are all getting up to. I will show my class the blog tomorrow! Hope day 3 was lots of fun, we look forward to reading more and seeing more pictures!!
    Mrs Reynolds (and Room 8!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia and Room 8 all the days have been awesome. The children and the adults are all getting tired but very happy. So many amazing challenges met. :-)

      Delete